Sunday, May 22, 2022

21st May 2022, Saturday

Taking up 6 days intensive night classes per week from sensei for the JLPT exam coming July. Tiring and sleepy, but does pushed me to get a better language progress of myself. I must have somebody to push me to get my ass moving or I be static forever and progress slower than anyone else.

Some interesting point can intrigue me to fully master and understand greater, while some intermediate skills and difficult field are far beyond my understanding could actually taunt me towards insanity such as my current career.

It's Fasting and Raya on April and May. I done work and showed him but he didn't show some urgency on my work but kept delaying update to me while he has constant feedback on other projects on others. I felt totally left out somehow.

I got myself bad relationship with my art director recently because I slacked off working on urgent work last weekend. He finished my delayed work while sick and took 2 days off after 3 straight days of holiday. I couldn't show him the work I have updated. Since then, he never ask on my current work progress and check on me.

I became distant, felt like everyone sitting around him knows some story about me and ... turned quiet. Was it just me feeling this ? I isolated myself and went lunch in solitude. To forget about building relationship, and having conversation with others.


I like to sketch. I used to sketch daily while commuting to work everyday. Besides creating short manga version, I still not making much progress on how to make manga with interesting appearance, angle and perspective. They are emotional manga or sketch of how I feel and what I always wanted in life.

I have been wondering about what is my art style. I watch artists on Youtube lately. 

Sharing the steps to find the ideal that catches my heart in artists' illustration drawings and digital drawings; I flipped some books from my shelf to gather some inner info about what style in my mind that I find it attracting.
 

Searching concept art book in Kinokuniya Bookstore, I bought Fate/Stay/Night : Return of Avalon, abit regret as it's not concept art book, but the quality of every page is magnificent for Fate's fans out there.

Watch artbook reviews, should have bought this from the shelf when I came across it at the same bookstore. It's best to watch before you consider to buy because... they are expensive books.

 This is what concept art book content looks like. I want to create short manga story, I need inspiration and storyline and plot. This is a reference I need to pre-prepare all these sketch and art contents.

Recent anime genres have been focusing more on woman leadership and Yuri relationship. The characters are more attracting to audiences like me, I find myself lucky to be able to admire and enjoy their masterpieces during difficult economy times.

I guess I'm a fan of Ghost in the Shell. The Sci-fi content maybe difficult to understand, but overall I like both the story and masterpiece art in every frame.

Yuri genre, cool shoujo and depress anime/manga type has deeper connection and resemblance of me. Maybe that's why I'm more likely to watch them than just regular romance or real drama.

; and documentary about Hayao Miyazaki and his inspiring words. 

"Never want to regret not trying something. It's better to try and fail."



No comments: