My superior? A cheapskate.
On the recent activities,
he does knows
and explains well
to others colleagues
about those bargaining customers
demanding the lowest price.
He too would hate
those customers
of their ridiculous demands.
But it was that same day,
before work finished,
he texted me,
requesting to do him
another goal of his.
He's even more cheapskate
than those customers.
He is an intelligent person,
but uses only to benefit himself.
One working day,
he approaches me
with the careful speech he chose
I could immediately sense that
uneasiness of him stood beside me.
Thirsty intention of drilling information from me,
for what he wants to hear, and slowly bringing his subject
into the conversation about his personal work
to have me do
for free.
He chooses speech well,
whenever he approaches me.
None of the sentences
he uses has the word
"money"
"cost"
"design"
"charge"
"pay"
except "treat",
a distant hope of promise,
I wasn't looking forward to any,
most are empty promises.
He would complains customers
want their way and likely breaking rules,
then make complaints if the company does not
allow them do what they please because they pay,
because they are customers.
He is not exception too.
He knew the company policy,
yet he's breaking it,
worse, I was dragged into
being his accomplice.
For the whole week,
he carefully monitored me to
do his personal work
during the office hour,
while doing his work hiding in a cloak.
24th October, Wednesday
He's coming back to me.
Tuesday between 6.00 to 6.30pm,
he texted me to help him
removing the background of 6 photos.
I wanted to avoid that request,
to me,
he could actually do it well by himself,
by applying better phone shots
without the help others
to remove the not so nice background
for him.
It may sound easy but
It's a time consuming work
yet I couldn't find a sentence
to reject him politely and he could accept it
I did have giving him my opinions about
the photos, and 3 close up shots with added logo
are just enough for posting
Above all, he insisted to have 6 photos...
which I sighed...
He did said "anytime can be done when you're free."
Well... would he use his free time on this work of others, for free?
I clearly prefer to sit on watching animes, catching up mangas,
playing games, exercise, cooking, and sketching for my own.
However 5.57pm in the evening,
he texted me,
"u help me edit my photo first OK,"
followed by a emoticon smile.
Help, is a neutral word.
It has a time value but be or not be have athe cost of money
not figure
unless one's willingly sacrifice time
to put it that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment