Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A founder, A carpenter, A weaponmaker, A User

Wooden stick. AHH~

This brings back memory, isn't it?

Before, it's just a trash branch dumped aside the road near the Guardhouse. It was the ugliest, dirtiest , and useless branch. For me, it's a long long spot I ever wanted to find. It's my lucky day~

While back one-hand full of groceries, I picked up the branch which I had spotted from the dump area. Back home, I wore plain clothes, throwing the groceries on the sofa and ran down to begin my work.

FIRST, this is important, estimate the length of the branch which you choose to qualify/suit your height. Secondly, the longer branch the better; the bolder the stronger; straight ! no bent no crack. This is the way you find the best branch.

Okay, Process no.1 : Peel off the skin with your fingers starting from the tip. It's easy don't worry, your fingers might hurt a little if you're careless. If you have any other better solution, it's your choice.

Now, the skinless branch looks much more prettier and clean.
Process no.2 : if you have any working tools or parents' workshop, it's better and faster process.
But if you don't, all you need is :
1. A scissor or unused-knife  (if dull, sharpen it)
2. Old newspapers
3. Some broken pieces window/glass mirror

Measure the length before you cut or you'll make it a waste, carefully remove the small branches which attached to it.

Process no.3 : Start your trimming. Trim the hard brownish skin with your best tools. I don't have one, so I use only a scissor to trim them patiently.

Process no.4 : Use a glass pieces to smoothern the entire branch until your hands feel nothing is in the way. Wear a glove if you want to avoid being cut.

Process no.5 : Rub both end-side of the branch on a very rough ground to make it dull. I suggest you do it on the road. (they may feel sharp after you cut both end-side)

Process no.6 : The last and easiest step. Place under the sun to dry. For what I heard, it takes more than a month before you can finally able to use it, if not, it will crack easily and rotten.

For now, I only finished 3 processes. For experiencers, feel free to correct me.
** Note: you don't have to copy as I do, if you have better or faster way or your own way.

4 comments:

Cherrie C said...

wao~intresting picture...
you are so cool...haha..
make me remember back last day on NS...
U are performing..shock me** unexpect tht u know play tis.i
t was so cool~
anyway..wish u success ya =]

Mademoiselle Karen ◕‿◕ said...

Uinah~~~
lol cherriec, she's our school star in Wushu!^-^

Cherrie C said...

哦……学校的光荣~!

Elernt said...

=................=

should I laugh or should I sad ?

NS ah? hmm... somewhat I wanted to do to release temper out the whole 3 months in the camp.

just an interest, it has nothing to do with career...

and, sounds cool heh? yet I'm feeling still living in Stone Age. ahh~ Stone Age ~