Monday, October 20, 2025

19th October 2025, Sunday

Most people would go to friends or family first for help. 
You chose a stranger to "help you" to "solve" money "problem".


THat's what scam people do.

Sunday,
I walk to train station after the Sunday Class, 
taking the route as usual.

I heard someone calling "mister", 
the voice was faint, like it's far.
Assume it's not to me, so I continue walking forwards.. 
until the voice return again,
this time is louder, behind me.

When I turn around,
3 feet behind me,
sweaty and catching breathe-looking
Indian guy 
"mister !" he called.
I don't know why I already had 
this serious stance at him,
which he pointed out.
What a way to try to let my guard down?
Thanks but, no thanks.


There was an old Indian lady staring at both of us, 
because my stance looked like
I'm about to fight him, 
totally eyes locked on his movement. 
(it's just my alertness)


Here's his "story".

"Listen, I need help.
My motorcar broke down,
it's now at the workshop 
beside Sentul Police Station,
I don't have enough money,
see my phone? "

as he drew out his phone readily his TouchNGo screen, 
with the amount RM27.xx shown.

"Please, I need RM70 to fix the tyre. 
Do you want my IC ? I can proof it".

I paused. 
I wanted to think a sentence to tell him to FUCK OFF, 
but in a civilized and firm manner. 
So I go,
"I don't have any cash". Twice, I said.

He turned his back quickly 
and left in hurry or furiously, I don't know.
But one thing I should do, 
I didn't have in mind at that time
was to call the police for his suspicious act.

I was in high alert, 
I had my priced stuff behind my back, 
probably that explained my serious stance 
against stranger who starts talking to me
out of blue.


After that suspicious approach,
I had phone call with my mom,
reporting her that I'm safe.

I went to usual spot, as usual, 
I was pulling midnight oil the passed few days
on a freelance work I took weeks ago
after a volunteer poster work just approved.
Struggled to come up variation of creative logos
that could owe my client,
made me tense the whole week,
especially the 3 full days, (including Deepavali day.)

At the Thursday, 23rd Oct
I finally had the courage,
gathered up the last spark of idea,
I finish the last potential idea to logo in 2 hours 
the same morning and proposed in the early morning before work.

Because of my lateness,
I believed my client (actually an acquaintance)
had deleted our chat, 
and I revived it by presenting the logos.

No comments: