Thursday, March 14, 2019

14th March 2019, Thursday

The Interview
In Menara Kelana Parkview

Every interview has new questions pop up,
unexpectedly..
I just wasn't prepared to answer any of it today...
In fact, I was overwhelmed..
that I hope no more questions coming from them..
I tried very hard holding back my tears..

And in my head is all questions
of what those lifetime I had went through..?
what had I not done..?

College..
why Cosmopoint...?
I didn't ask that question myself,
I finished my national service.
Mom saw the hanging banner,
There was an intake,
I saw the course I was looking for,
I enrolled.

No, I wasn't aware any of other college/university
even if there is, travel expenses and safety were hefty calculation...
Since father left the house, I had been using whatever pocket money I had saved since Grade 1,
taking bus to classes, even walked 40-60 minutes way home to save money for the next days classes.
Yes... many Malays, Kadazans and only 6 Chinese from different badges.


When they asked how long I get to design the poster (they randomly picked)
I replied 2 - 3 days, yes.. I shocked them.
But it's truth... ideas doesn't pop up when somebody ask me do an artwork design..
I did alot internet surf to find the idea for my design.. and suitable pictures for the work...

And I was surprised of how their staff turned freelancer, did 2 magazine book designs in one month... I never experience in publishing company, I had no idea how fast their cyberbrain ran for design ideas..

I did a 12 pages catalogue for pre-made products once in the past, and that surely took me at least several days just to touch clean all the given product pictures, and next several days to design cover, bg, typo and group everything... are all the graduates trained fast design in universities...?

I felt devastated hearing my pace was that slow.. 

No comments: