Saturday and Sunday.
An ex-colleague, Ms. Kelly from my work office, now my Chauffeur and Guardian of the day.
It's a safe ride, far far away from the big city, where wild animals and birds roam freely.
Oh, before that... we drive to nearby, OUG morning market to buy breakfast. Ms. Kelly even bought a extra 5 popiah for her Red Cross member friends. The old folks' hawker stall's popiah is very delicious, seaweed popiah is their popular delicacy.
Full of fresh vegetables with mild mayonnaise taste, super healthy. Should stop by to try that.
Destination 1 : Hulu Langat Red Cross Camp.
It's an outskirt town surrounded by fruit stalls along the road where you can find cheap mangosteens, durians, rambutans, bamboo rice, roasted chickens, and many more fruits.
This is their 3days 2 nights training camp here, rural but sweet environment surrounded by trees and river.
Banner : Disaster Response and Preparedness Camp orgarnised by Red Crescent. This is where the members attend meetings, training and briefing from communication to ACTION.Oh, we meet again after 2 years. This is Small Kelly whom I met in my first attending BIG POT MASS COOKING for the homes, orphanages and disabilities. Glad to see ya.
My duty ? No, I don't have duty, I am not a member. But !! I take photos and film videos for the camp during their training of rescuing injured victims. It's very interesting here that I got the chance to see what and how they work together to aid the acting victims from tending to carrying them down to the acting headquarter site.
Each team has the leader, and leader is to find out the victim's condition and report to the senior member before gather their members to complete the task.
Destination 2 : Fraser Hill, Penang
It's a extreme heavy rain pour travelling from Kuala Lumpur to the destination. Surprisingly, I wasn't afraid so, because I'm with my guardian =w=
There goes the mountain with thick fog ahead, that's Fraser Hill ? Slightly light rainbow visible in the sky after rain. It's beautiful.
This is where we stay the night here, luxury unit, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 balconies, a living room and a kitchen.
You can check the price here,
http://www.cuti.my/hotel/info/id/520/Malaysia/Pahang/hotel/Frasers-Pine-Resort/
It's 21 degree Celsius at night here, how do I know? Well smart phones are smart.
The Challenge Day,
Pine Tree Trail is the longest trail and the most challenging trek in Fraser Hill. This 5.5km long trek takes atleast 7 hours to complete. Those who completed in 4 hours is a superman. WHO SAID IT'S 4 HOURS IN THE FIRST PLACE, EH !? I was prank so hard for this.
Steep paths, fallen trunks and roots is always in the way, so you must move very cautious for every step, one leg hurt is a hell to get you out of that trail. Good thing we spot no leeches on sight on the trek.
This is what called steep and dangerous. So, 4 hours is NO JOKE AT ALL.
This trek really makes people hungry to look for place to break. We prepare sandwiches, eggs, fried meehoon, apple, water and 100Plus.
The most dangerous yet the most expectation from daring trekkers is the "Climbing to Peak", I named this in the photo.
My expression when I see that rocky cliff, it really got me The Moment of Stunt, I was mumbling,
'Are we going to climb that for real ?! How am I suppose to get my ass up there?! '
You may not need to be strong build for this. This requires sharp thinking.
For an amateur like me, first is listen to the speaker/acting instructor. Second, use your eye searching for objects to grab. Until you find it firm and safe move on to climb, and repeat the two steps. Eventually I made it up there.
The 6 in group has finally made it to the peak. That may be a green wooden board with the word, but it proved us for completing the peak, also called the certificate if you want.
We start the trail at 8.58am, and reached the peak at 12.30pm
CONGRATU... NO WAIT !
Trekking back IS A PROBLEM for all of us. It really did took my sanity away, I'm not tired, but my knees and legs are very at its limit to carry on the trail.
Finally, I completed the trail at 4.40pm.

















No comments:
Post a Comment