Well, growing up with Asian parents.
Many parents raise kids are also their first time, they too have mistakes going on and never thought about their own reaction is the problem. Their roles and action can plays a part of children's maturity development.
I have all the above.
One of my parents developed bipolar disorder symptom after unpleasant life incident. I wasn't even know what depression was in youth. I had when I'm a working adult.
Parents are always excited about how great their friends, my aunts&uncles', neighbours' children, or my classmates' high achievement. What my parents compare me the most is how advanced my generation is and what their older generation were, it's great to hear their past hard life, however when parents brought these repetitive past subject over and over on a daily conversation. It's just started to sound like [ a debate I could never win ] than having a present, pleasant conversation.
Every children like sharing things and fun days they have. I shared things too, can be life advice seeking, activities, likes & dislikes, all sort of topics etc. But it turns out I be questioned for why I act that way, think that way. In the %, I have 30/70 chance to step on a land mine sharing conversation, to be criticized. Yes, it takes courage to think what to say and what not to say in front of parents, and always expect you're going to be "a loser". This taught me how to be mindful and not holding any expectation.
And YES, my parents like playing the [ guilt ] game especially [parents who like faces] when being ridiculed in the public. I just have my ways of thoughts and do things, but they always think theirs are the better.That can also count as ridicule. Sometimes I don't even know what they are angry about., and I don't want to ask about it either to "lower my sentence" of how many days of silent treatment gonna be. I do encountered few times that I suddenly got involved of [ who to support ], you pick right or wrong or even none of it, you still get somebody angry.
To parents, losing child is the ultimate devastating experience. No parents want anything happen to their children.
Overstrict, not exactly the word for me. There's a better word - Mind implementation !! XD It's like a forever reminder lingering behind your head, a constant spark of conversation they nag in it. It's almost feels like parent-phobia, although gotten lesser yet there's still many things restrain from ever thinking wanting to do even I'm an adult now.
Now my parents are more better as they age, with my maturity as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment