Monday, August 7, 2023

I finally Participated!

 3.5th Anniversary Event
Sibling's Snapshot Spree

 

I have been active playing on this mobile game app since its global launch, had I never participate their outside event before. This is the first time I did actually act it out what I have wanted to AS A DOKUTAH.

At 1st step for the Check List is, to have [ Arknights Element ]. It can be their merchandise, or virtual's (to print out and use).

2nd  is, take a snapshot in your real life. 

3rd is, submit it to Arknight's Discord Channel. If you want to edit the photo, yes too.

 

Since I have purchased their merchandise this year. (which arrived in mid April) It would be a waste if I don't [ Show It Off ] Mode. Therefore, I utilize it for the event, but ~ ~ Where should I start ? which should I pick ? 

 

Idea

The real headache is think of an idea and what [ Arknight Element ] I should use to merge with real life snapshot. Finding an idea is like undersea treasure hunting. Sometimes it takes days, sometimes it takes just a look in the room to get [ Idea Spark From No where].

 

 

Among the merchandise I have, I pick this. Next is, what element comes in my mind. How will this real life merchandise match with what element going to be?

I choose Dokutah and Dr. Kalsit to be the doodle [ Arknight Element ] to merge with the real life photo. I proceed to take a snapshot, calculating the perspective as well. 

That's my idea - Title as [ No Holiday For You! ]

 

Sketch

 


Because it's Arknights operators, you skip the part of creating new character and straight for poses. Before I start my sketch, I look for operators' simplified appearance, colour and angle. I start sketching and apply little bit of detail into each operators. And here's the draft. 


Execution

I merge two of the elements into the real photo, and draw it out using Clip Art Studio and drawing tablet. This is first completion.

Here, the operators look small and not focus. The red text seems unmatch in colour. Therefore, I continue to make adjustment.


Submission

 

 

Using eyedropper for the operators' colour finishing and further touch up, this is the final look for submission.

Duration Completion : 9pm - 12am


=UPDATE=


And good news, I'm one of the TOP 10 winner in the list. I won a Nendroid and Mousepad Lin. I never have a Nendroid before. =w= aaa ~ Got something to display on shelf.


Result List

No comments: