Saturday, July 8, 2023

How Many Gunpla Do I own?

 


The Witch from Mercury is a special Gundam series in the 21st generation. It is also my first time watching a Gundam anime. Before that, I never watch any previous Gundam anime but I roughly get the idea of that it is a piloted, future mecha for competition or warfare. Having no knowledge about Gundam world, I did own 7 Gunplas just because they look mechanically cool. 1 chibi, 2 High Grade, 3 Real Grade and 1 Master Grade. They are little advanced than LEGO and requires Gundam tool kit to build. If compare, LEGO is hella expensive and taking alot space, though it's also very fun to build.

Recently after the final episode of Witch from Mercury on 4 July 2023, I bought the one and last Gundam Aerial from the Isetan's Gundam shelf. I read about this Gunpla was available since Oct 2022, and it's now limited stock everywhere. So finding it is rare. Plus, I got 20% discount from it too. 

There are also other Gunplas from this series and another version of Aerial call the Aerial Rebuild. The latest Calibarn is going to market in 1 week in Japan. I suddenly get abit obsessed about watching it too, I find information about its Gunpla and Permet Score.

Aerial Completion

I workout as soon as I bought on this mecha from 12.53am and completed at 6.35am. The fastest record ever made. To me, this Aerial is more firmer to build unlike previous Gunpla which feels loose in some parts. What's special about this Aerial is, some of its body parts we called Gun-bits can form a shield.

Pose Mode
Still mode
Shield Mode


This Gundam series is very special in many ways from the pre-series that I read from the article. It's the first ever series that feature first female protagonist as a Gundam pilot, youngest pilot and it's the biggest awareness and pride of LGBTQ.

In the anime, the producer and scriptwriter features women empowerment in the men dominant society. 

Although the ending part feels like too fast forward, that I couldn't really get the correct vibe, I have to re-watch it twice. I do wish they have an extended episode for what happen in those 3 years fast forward. I want to see what happen that aftermath.

Also, Applause to the musicians and composer for such a beautiful music to this anime.


No comments: