Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Opposite Way

Give the elder child a break

To the readers view, the siblings, parents ...etc
How many of you are raised in much different way? You can share your childhood thoughts. Different families different educations and manners.

I am the youngest child in the family. And, I am raised on the opposite way. Although I was claimed to be loved the most, mother always stops me and discourages me to fight with my elder brother instead direct to brother. It's a very different matters to me.

Frankly, I'm not talking bad at my brother, it just that it's the result that who I had become. It was my early child of Misunderstanding Stage mindset that's occupying me. Mother doesn't blame me wrongly, she did her best to live up my sense so that I could catch up the understanding level of my brother to avoid unreasonable quarrel.

Such like,
 During the childhood, when we fought about being ill-mannered or fight to each other, mom always punishes us both even though I was right in the matter. Mom would reasons that "No matter who's right or wrong, you both start the fight, I will punish the both of you,"

On my age of 14, 15. Ragnarok Online is the hottest Korean online game around the year. When we quarrel over the hours spent in front the computer. Mom would always says "Let brother first," knowingly he spent longer hours than me.

Pulling me anywhere inside the house without brother's presence. When I tried to fight back, "he occupied way longer than me ! It's not fair,"
Mom, reasoned "You will have all the time you want after brother graduates and further study in the future, so let's just give him more bit of joy for now,"

Same to special meal, before I start to take my lunch or dinner, mother would instructs me to give brother more bigger servings like favourite fried meat, prawns, drumsticks, soup...etc Most of the time, mom would picks my plate of meal to make sure I didn't accidentally grab the "reserved" one.

Strong-willed VS Mild-mannered kids

Most of the time, I felt my brother gets the most attentions and love, but in fact... I think it's not. Mom shares them equally, however it's not in brother's manners and bad habits that I got overwhelmed in silent-griefer.


4 comments:

LittleWeirdMonster said...

Hey elernt, i wrote a post about your post lol... It's somewhat an answer from your question, i wrote it because i was inspired btw. So thanks!
Here's the post:
http://littleweirdmonster.blogspot.com/2011/08/fridays-opposite-way.html

Elernt said...

waoh, I read already : D

Mimie said...

Sometimes i think it's BS when parents says "I love you both the same"

Being the youngest i felt sometimes i've been pampered more than my brother so in return i would help him.

Like if my brother got into trouble, i would take the blame or keep it a secret. Though over the years, the attention shifted to my brother since he's away from home.

Elernt said...

Same here, more likely I would share my room for his home-visit days return from KL.