New lecturer teaches me two subjects this semester. Graduated from Labuan university, course Multimedia technology course.
3D animation is originally taught by Mr. Leo Jan but unluckily for me that he was transferred to Kuching Cosmopoint branch last year Christmas, and thus immediate replaced + in-charged by Ms. Faraha. ai ai ai....... one sentence to describe this situation, 惨啦~~!!
Ms.Faraha, whom she taught me Adobe Photoshop on Semester 2. She's one of the lecturer who gave me the most pressure in her class:
1. She gave me many bad comments on my first artwork in front of the class.
2. She questioned my artwork the most but others, she questioned the least and let them pass easily.
3. She denied my pre-work assignment, reasoning I used easy techniques and effect, and try to use other different effects.
4. She gives me poor marks on my assignment works, I got D in her subject in the end....
So far, the 1st work I had impressed her the most is this. I'm happy to hear her very 1st true praise.
(Although I still see some inaccurate image-placing)
Unfortunately, this never be considered as assignment for as topic is 'create a box office movie poster' (well, why can't I create my own new movie poster that nobody else has?), and want me to redo again...... and so I did, in order to pull back my lost marks.
But come to think of it, her pressure pushed me through about the skill level when I faced my final assignment. I'm grateful about this.
Hope Ms. Faraha doesn't give me more pressure in this Semester, and I don't want to get D in this subject.
Mostly is depends on how much knowledge they got in this subject, and how are they going to teach us, ohno... just basic again ? aargh... But still I have to trust their efforts and my strength to create better work.

8 comments:
Yea, i think its a bummer that MR Leo couldn't teach us anymore.. I think he's a great teacher... But then, i have a feeling that Miss Faraha is kinda ok, even though i'm hearing a couple of people getting D by her... I mean looking at your work there, she'd pushed you far greater than how the old teachers had pushed us before.. Compare that with my work before, there's probably a huge different..
Students are saying creepy stuff about her haha but i think she's not that bad.. At least she's putting a standard for her students, we should give her a little credit for that.. But then, ergghh, we're probably going to work our butt off for her this semester hahahahha..
yea... we gonna busy thenLightWave is new, After Effect is new, really cannot skip her class eventhough it's still CNY >___> damn one day holiday !
Same here, got a D from her..
I just didn't like she gave a D, although I do think I deserved it. It's a D! >_<
you D too ?!
Yes..D+
but still D..in hemm..my mind completely refuse to remember the subject name.
>___> it's Image Manipulation ... ?
You know what? After experiencing her teaching techniques for two classes... I think i'm starting to get frustrated with her hahahah.. It's her way of teaching that bothers me a lot in class 3D... How bout u guys? Are u guys doing okay with her?
Not quite... I think she still teaching fast... maybe because she didn't give us a clear hotkeys and some other uses of the Pen Tool.
No full explanation about the use of Pen Tool in the beginning. She should tell us if we made a mistake, you gonna draw the whole thing again (she didn't tell us until somebody ask her how...)
And I hope she doesn't slow us down, as there's more other things to learn in 2hours class. I hope she can teach atleast drawing 2 model than just 1 model in her class. A bit wasting time and boring....
For me, I don't know how to use Pen Tool other than drawing that ice-cream glass..... atleast give some more idea of using this tool
Also, drawing the hotkeys and pen point out on the whiteboard so we can clearly know what we are drawing.
Post a Comment