Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fine Art Exhibition Matrix Show 2009



21-10-2009 (Wednesday), it's opened for 3 days.

I prepared lunch, bread with peanuts butter. Skipping English Class (11.15~1.1pm), I ride a bus to my far destination. 9.23am, I arrived in UMS, a bus station near UMS Library. Not that panic to find anyone and gather in the exhibition, but the whole place is huge that I actually lost there =  =....

Calling a college mate, Sandro which I mistaken was one of the in-charge lecturer. (Like I said, I don't remember names well)

I searched around and round circling the place, very huge. Passing many science laboratories, and a SMALL cafeteria crowded with students on queue. Walk out again, turning back again to the roundabout. ARGH ~!! SO HOT !! almost burning my skin.

About 10.45am already, still I couldn't find where he F is it. Asking UMS student but they didn't know any funtctions, activities. Glad I had Cosmopoint phone number, and contacting the staff, and both in-charge number were given. I called one of them, THEN, they directed me by walking up the road to search the CIMB Bank.

(To tell you that, we took transports by ourselves,  where the F is the location !? )
Back to present, on my way up the road, met by 3 Cosmopoint students, so we headed up together.

Enough of frustration, let's get to main point. My objective here is exploring widely into the animators world. Also, this gives me a mapping steps of finished product processing . As a Multimedia student, my future big project in my last semester of this course is making a 2-D video (maybe in group)


From photos here, are presented by Graphic Design students, with advertisement finished product in Batik, Corporate, culture, history pots and rocks display plus many Fine Art works. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These hanging arts are Fine Arts, from the student's words, one art took about a week to be fully finished.
 

 

 

 

 

 


As for here, is my "Gold Mine Cave" where professional students made the own 3-D and 2-D videos, interviewing based on true person in present background too.



Many works are done to make just one video. Cards above are storyboard glued with hard board which cut into small pieces while below is made in a thick book. 




Finish product completed with CDs and cover, some even makes their chracters as stickers
 
 
Some produced in comic book than publish a video like photo below.


Scenes are drawn with explanation labelled.
















Their decorated cover with characters they made.


Dialog book containing all scenes' dialogs.



Monitor presenting video, four thick 2 character sketches, Dialogs and Storyboards.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

This one is fascinating! When I asked about the step by step of the working process, the Sino UMS student explained, explained in detail, and guided us by demonstrating how he work on his final project.

Below is a 3-D Human Face drew with hand drawing pad in Photoshop CS4. For about 8 minutes, he had already completed the human face by shaping and filling shadows. He's very used to it till ever shortcut key in the keyboard are memorised and used fluently. The process is fast. For us may take more than hours to make this realistic.
 


 As for this one is a demonstation of using After Effect. Making imagination backgrounds. Very cool, and uncountable effects.



this one I forgot which softeare he use, but it's a funny work to begin with by inserting your smart picture, then adjust the face, mouth everything including human race and ages. This looks like The Sims 2 & 3 for making realistc 3-D human face.

For what I heard from him, his work was tough and time consumable. To make movement of every scene, it takes 25 frames in just 1 second in a very small part of a scene. O_____O this 23minutes video actually took him 6 months to complete including writing summary, script, sketching characters, expression, movement, backgrounds, making stickers, CD with cover etc..........

aaa.... "95% learning softwares is from you.......start from the basic. Job interviewing, bosses are more interest in looking your random rough sketches, basic drawings of human skull, movements, angles, views rather than your beautiful finish drawing........everything you do, don't think of finish them in hurry, but take your time modify, adjust, and make it to the most perfection...."

4 comments:

Mademoiselle Karen ◕‿◕ said...

还真不容易啊......

思仪,努力学习,加油!

Elernt said...

每次慢半拍, 可能学到他的地步会没空看电视,上网打游戏,所有时间在学习用5种software,还用各个effects把frames弄成movie真不容易。

至少我希望能学到他的1/3。

Cherrie C said...

加油啦~~Movie是不容易的……要奋斗,越来越进步咯~

Elernt said...

谢谢~