A childhood friend I used to hang out in my teen, well... athlete training, competition and street performance. She sent me a message in the evening, my first reaction was "I know this number, but why all the sudden? Should I reply?"
Yeah, so I did. I didn't recognize any similarity of her picture now from the one I used to see, she looks like a different person to me now. She was just trying her luck on my number, yeah good for her I took in. I know her past love life only from the scratch surface, she had a rough time in her previous relationship to a point she changed her job to avoid her ex. Knowing her cousins and friends getting married one by one, she must have been lonelier, turned her focus on animal shelter and job more.
I don't remember why the number is not in my contact list, but I know it's the only number I will never forget even after 10 years+. I learnt that she's on a business trip with her colleagues right now and stayed nearby celebrating her company listing into Bursa and would later joined by her husband.
All she remembers me now is that I live in capital city, nothing more. She seems hoping we could bump into each other for a kidding joke perhaps, but I just have this " meh " expression, nothing to be surprised anymore because I already know her engagement and where my red line is now. It would feel awkward again for her if we were really bump into, no matter how much I wanted to be with her in the past. Now she finally found the one, I wish she lives well without regrets. I will wait my next life.
I'm not a sweet talker, so I often end the conversation quicker without realizing, it all became quiet down very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment