Monday, March 16, 2020

I'm 31 this year.

There's a lot of changes since 2013,
Supermarket still welcomed by everyone, and cashier counter usually line up long, and people do a lot more window-shopping.

As years pass after 2017-2018, online shopping emerges in the new generation of economy and soon the arrival of Uber and Grab, and the famous delivery service from Foodpanda and GrabFood... Now boom with Netflix. I see lesser people hanging out in mall and supermarket more and more activities can be done at a tiny room.

2019 April, I was still 50kg, energetic and fresh start again. I start using more on GrabFood during the Aug - Dec month. My body shape start "deforming" with long hours chair sitting and less sleep.

2020,
I'm 55kg. I found my metabolism decreasing around end of October 2019. It used to take a week to cut down 1-2kg waste around thigh and belly, now it takes more than a month and still counting. I could even hear my pants snap when squatting down today... it's embarrassing, and just how many pants I couldn't wear since August last year...


(Written during MCO)

2013
I remember that time as a fresher in the society, I only had a cheap HP laptop gifted from college, a HTC smartphone as graduation gift from my brother, a notebook and pencils & papers as the only entertainment at the age of 23.

First year working was average, I got a G-Shock watch cost bout RM235, had a decent brand shoe that got me run farther. I still playing Ragnarok Online, it was the most enjoyable free game.

I was recommended to websites to watch my favourite animes. I also attended cosplay events, like many otakus, I bought wallpapers to hang in my rented room and badges filling up my bag. Those were the fun things I can afford.

I have senior colleagues who give advice and looked after me, in return I gave them smiles and the best support I could give.

2014
I met new colleagues, having a systematic teamwork strategic and control makes successful events for everyone. I bought many drawing book as both collection and reference. I build up a lot more sketches which I drew mostly inside train and fill up my folders.

2015
I have always interested in drawing tablet and fascinated about artists demonstrating their works on Youtube, makes me curious just what software that most artist in Japan use. During the cosplay anime even, there were product display and trial drawing tablets, which also inspired me to ever wanted a one of my own, and how it feels cool to draw digitally. But, they are expensive gadgets, the most popular brand is Wacom.

A lot and lots of admirations whenever I passed through the shop of PS and Xbox stores, I heard of colleagues who play games, introduced me to Steam, a heaven place for gamers I joined Steam and Origin, and bought 3 games, however.. the HP laptop's spec was unable to support heavy spec requirements games such as Sims 4.

2016
The pay from a new joined company was great but paid the price on my health... Farthest to travel to workplace, heavy multitask, and working overtime, but the achievement was the sound of applause from hundreds of shoppers in the event inside the mall.

2017
I had depression, stay in my room for the passed 8 months. The only anti-depression and medication was through gaming, and watching related anime, experience and documentaries from Youtube and articles. Surprisingly, drawing was not one of them... I draw less during the recovery, it was less productive of me, but still effective. I had a RM1,000 part time job of the previous company, it stopped after 7 months.

2018
Lend money made me poorer. I was low on savings, and that thought finally snapped out of me. To survive, I need money, I need secure, I cannot remain in lost stage, or I would fall to the same fate those sufferers who had lost their times.

With many resume posted to companies online, I landed on a RM2,000 basic salary job. It was the starting chapter of "Returning to Society", a salary lower than my first job in 2013. Business dropping, company shut down on my fourth month half with 30 minutes notice, and I went back to unemployment. But, with socials and interactions and counseling around colleagues, builds my confidence slowly, and open up myself to resume my journey. I continue to look for job with the remaining savings I had saved.

2019
I went to career fair in March, and that's how I got my new job. Meeting new colleagues around my age, a steady company with reasonable amount of employees. Workload is heavy, but event planning is systematic and encounter very few last minute work.

I started hanging out with my department colleagues and others only on my second month, after my work-mapping finally steady.

Calling Grab has become very convenient in the days and more cheaper than meter taxis, I can call and reach destination or home without burden others taking me in. Grab Food, Foodpanda, KFC delivery has been very popular, delivery straight to the door. Plus, I am affordable to try new food that I couldn't reach from just walk. That's became my worst fat growing.

Online purchases has gradually become a trend in Malaysia, and everyone with Lazada, Amazon and Shopee app can purchase items online with available location from overseas delivery to Malaysia. I have been surveying a decent graphic tablet for quite a while in the month of October, watching recommendations from Youtube has made me a final decision :
XP-Pen 16inch Pro as a Christmas gift for myself.

2020
The new interchange station in Abdullah Hukum has become the popular drop off area for Mid Valley shoppers, waiting shuttle bus is finally over. With only a 5-6 minutes safe bridge walking, I can reach destination without getting smelly ever again.



No comments: