Many have done this far many years ago
when it's still popular,
Today, 2018.
It's my first try on Skype.
Not many are using Skype these days around my contact list.
because there's many other apps like Facebook and phone's Whatsapp
can easily be replaced with in this advanced digital world.
Of course,
People are more alert of
cyber threat, hack and scam.
It's reasonable that not everyone would reply me
and instantly pop the video call.
Plus everyone is busy with their days
while I'm a NEET.
I have my first experienced it with a college-mate
who we used to further-study back in Sabah.
I have not been in contact with other than
writing comments and "share" articles on Facebook.
But, she willing to help me with Skype,
I'm so grateful that I want to really belanja makan big big next time.
The screen?
It was scarily big.
It's embarrassing and feeling awkward,
especially strangers like me
not everyone would willing to Skype with anyone
whom they rarely talk in presence days.
For me,
The sound call is great, and clear
compare to video call.
And yes, I feel embarrassed when
someone on the other side is lying on bed
or the face is too close to the screen,
well, using phone Skype screen may not that big,
but mine is laptop screen and 10x times bigger...
Maybe I should share my bit of the sound part below
to anyone are using laptop / PC for Skype.
First!
Skype doesn't work on Mozilla Firefox
so try to use other web browser like Google Chrome.
I use Internet Explorer during the call, and it works fine.
For first time,
you will be prompt to install their Skype plug-in,
a button link will appear,
not to worry.
To use a headset with built-in microphone,
Enabling microphone from my sound setting on laptop comes first,
right click - > Speaker icon - > Recording Devices
Enable your (Headset) Microphone if it's disable.
Then right click - > Microphone - > Microphone Properties
Well, it pretty much disturbed the sound quality.
I only increase Microphone volume to 95 instead of max.
Well, it pretty much disturbed the sound quality.
I only increase Microphone volume to 95 instead of max.
Boosting your Microphone will mean louder volume and pitched sound.
Well, I personally don't recommend that on Video / Sound Call.
You can use Microphone Boost when you want to record the sound of
tinker, type-writing, mouse clicking, flipping book, clapping hands ...etc
( I'm glad I have knowledge about that, I do recording sound and video often after all. )
For slower internet / Wifi speed,
one recommends a direct internet line to modem/router to avoid connection cut when online.
The remaining is the sound quality,
One I find abit on improvement is to adjust the position of the microphone
I keep hearing my own voice when I speak.
Well, because your laptop's camera's speaker on front laptop is on. You can tune it off here.
To be clear,
Headset has microphone and speaker
and
Laptop also has one mircrophone and speaker
reminder that.
Right click -> Speakers -> Speaker Properties
Set laptop's Microphone volume below to from 50 to 0 would do.
Well, because your laptop's camera's speaker on front laptop is on. You can tune it off here.
To be clear,
Headset has microphone and speaker
and
Laptop also has one mircrophone and speaker
reminder that.
Right click -> Speakers -> Speaker Properties
Set laptop's Microphone volume below to from 50 to 0 would do.
As for adjusting the echo sound from my side-speaking really need some attention to it.
I'm not in a stadium hall, I don't need echo sound.
Right click ->; Stereo Mix -> adjust the volume
That's the reason for the echo sound when you speak or when you watching tv/anime that the sound didn't went nice is the cause of that.
I tune lower to 15 or none if like.
Hope anyone find it useful.







No comments:
Post a Comment