Sunday, December 4, 2016

The 4th Week of November 2016

23 Nov, Wednesday

A dramatic meeting.

It's only less than two days, the only talk between me and my junior about the licensed soundtracks to be used on the company's grand opening day, Pei blew up our secret during 5.10pm meeting.

It was my fault for putting up my habit reaction when lady boss mentioned/requested musics for the next event. Pei saw my reaction then turned panic, clumsily responded to boss's question without a clearer understanding answer, I tried interrupting the conversation, however nobody is paying attention because of Pei's loud noise.

Can I slap her head for being noisy? =..=

Note: Not all great things are perfectly presence the way you want it to be.
The day before the outlet's grand opening, just before the sound check and stage rehearsal, it just happened that the lady boss have already agreed on the soundtracks that Pei found unknowingly to be licensed soundtracks.

Licensed soundtracks are protected to prevent any copyright use. An interruption of woman's voice can be heard throughout the play was meant to be there, which lady boss requested to remove. In urgent times, no time to re-discuss, without a doubt, the fastest way is to purchase...

When lady boss knew I threw in my money for that two soundtracks in US Dollars, she was about to cry. = ..=

24 Nov, Thursday

On the previous last meeting which is Wednesday, everybody were laughing about their ending progress, my hands however, shaking... I couldn't bring the laugh or joke at all throughout the meeting.

I have 14 videos to finish before the weekend comes... and it's just 2-3 days left.. how to laugh, I don't know how to laugh on such situation. THEREFORE, I stayed up working on the Preschool Introduction video that was only 5% of touch, more fucking of me to promise the video be done later at Wednesday night...

So I slept restlessly in less than 2 hours, spending the night rush up the video for lady boss. The video was finished and spelling-checked before noon. Thursday late afternoon, lady boss asked for a music replacement, I don't know what to say... Music is the matching-key in making a video. Replacing a music and it will change the whole video... anyhow lady boss gave up and proceed the video..

9.30pm

I'm in-charge on LED Display, which include communicating with sound and video crews and checking everything is smooth throughout the 4 days toy fair from 25-28 Nov.

I stay back together with other operation and marketing colleagues on the second day of toy fair night setup.


OKAY, the video crew showed up after 10.30pm. Together with other tenants advertisement trailers, we put to test. Problem came.

Problem No.1
The video panel is 4:3 aspect ratio, meaning it's not a full HD size. All video needs to be re-render to the same size in order to play in full screen (Without black screen on top and bottom appear or video out of margin )

Problem No.2
Their software only supported Quicktime video format and most of the videos are MP4 format used widely. Most videos couldn't not be played including AVI format. They must convert them to the Quicktime format in order to play.

Problem No.3
Video crew has limited access to Microsoft Office, which is Powerpoint. Therefore, we must save everything in JPEG. Glad that Powerpoint can save each slides into JPEG. ( Powerpoint view is 4:3 aspect ratio in default )


To make it quick and easy solution, we use as LED projector screen and play in Windows Media Player with the help of their Sound and Video Switcher.

Lady boss questioned me, I should have known that contacting Vince isn't the person I need to speak to when comes to this. He is just the middle man hiring sound & video service. The real guy in charging this came and discussed the matter. Since, I don't have Quicktime conversion, he had to bring most of them back to office to re-render.

But ALL these didn't came in my mind ( too restless to think from the start ), now that I listed here as my study work and sharing to you all.

25 Nov, Friday

4.00am
The setup for others were almost complete, Lady boss and another colleague were presence when she came to pick me, it was then the in-charge guy, Desmond the boss explained the situation, and their face quickly shown sympathy.

THings got me worried and heavy responsibility, I have to shoulder it all if anything not meeting the expectation.

All five of us walked ourselves out the shopping mall to the 24-hours restaurant for.... for.... breakfast ? or supper...? The place is just a further walk ahead of CLIO Hotel. There's sundry shops and other hotels around. A plan came to my mind suddenly, and 80% likely I will use it.

We sat down for a simple meal, I don't know... my appetite didn't strike a bit, yet they made me order.. Char Kuey Teow lar.. I ate slowly... and sipping water. In the end, I didn't finished the plate.

My colleagues booked two rooms at CLIO Hotel, I thought they booked it nearby around =..= rich bastards.. ah well, I was able to enjoy the comfy hours thanks to them, I took my hot shower 5 months after, that feeling of not wanting to come out the shower room. (heater broken in my unit)

1 Room Boss and Lady Boss, yeap they are husband and wife.
1 Room 2 colleagues adds me in

15th Floor, the room costs RM450 a day ~!?

The room was fascinating. The view from the window is a long busy road by day and empty road at night. There's full HD TV, a row of closet, comfy double bed, big dressing table, and a folder contained of welcome letter, postcards & envelopes, safety note, rules&regulations and room service menu ( it's meant for tourists, not locals. Know what I mean?)

The bathroom without bathtub.... disappointing !! ARGH. Well, still enjoyable. After shower, the sleepiness stroke me to bed when I was supposed to work on my next video. I squeezed in the spot they prepared for me, and it was already 6 am.

9am
Woke up at is like SHIT ! I promised to meet Khairun around 8am for other works. Quickly I do a quick wash, pack up, dress up and left the room without my two colleagues. The work continues, with set up posters around the lift entrance, and photograph sessions, running a lot of back and forth from outlet to the fair. vice versa.

 I couldn't squeeze the bit of time sitting down for video.


10.30pm

Another night work for another test with a lady in-charge of the Saturday important event. Time is running out, I need to come out the video for her in the next morning, that's when my next plan earlier put to the use.

11.27pm
The lady and two boys accompanied me to the place where I found this during the Kuey Teow meal. I check-in a room at SunInn Hotel, a room about my small room size, with attached simple bathroom.

Deluxe Windowless-type room cost RM90 with another RM20 deposit is just fine, Window room will cost another RM25, it maybe for fresh air but no time for sightseeing since every room has air-conditioner. 2nd floor, Room xxx. They made sure I stay comfy before they left. Thanks.

Double bed, small dressing table to be my setup work station, basic bathroom, and a hanging TV.

As read from TV articles :

1st is to knock on the door before enter.
2nd is switch on all lights.
3rd is to leave your shoes in mess.
4th is turn on tap water (let it run for a while) and flush the toilet bowl.
5th is switch on the TV and put on higher volume (of course, not to a disturb volume)

I felt relief after doing that.

26 Nov, Saturday
12.15am
Next is toilet, move out water boiler tray, telephone, began setting up my laptops and stuffs and start to work throughout the night, I can't take shower, it can instantly knock me to sleep. At about 2.30-3am, it's the time I struggled to stay awake to continue, pushing myself out of the bed after short minute of lie down.

It's very late, and I left my water bottle... I have to adjust my body to a very low hydration and energy-saving level the whole night.

Work isn't progressive, not until after 6am, idea starts to kick in and I work it off and finished before 9am, only then I finally took my shower while waiting the video to be saved. Dress up, and back to work. Stupidly, I thought I must check-in before 12pm but it should be Sunday 12pm ! FUCKa !!

So later the day, I ran around taking photos, forgotten something important when lady boss asked for music to run on the coming activity. I used up the energy racing back to outlet and back to post. Have I mentioned eating my breakfast ? =...= aha.. no water no food since last night's meal. Oh wait.. I didn't have a proper meal either...

Realizing the need for energy before my body broke down, I took my rice meal at noon, drinking plenty to prevent any sickness kicks in.

3pm
The important event, Mrs Parenthood Grand Final starts 30 minutes late. So the lady aired the individual videos of the contestants on screen. That feeling of everyone stop their movement and start watching the videos I made... it's just =w=

7pm
The sleep kicks in repeatedly, I can't crash down here, I can't let anyone find out. but I hold it no longer. I care no more, I left after the contest finished while fair still actively running till 10pm.

Staying awake in bus and train......half dead, walking like a half dead body, back to my room.

I still have one last thing before complete crash down...
Shower and Brush My Teeth.

I have been away for two days time, with only a spare of clothing that worn for second time is unhygienic and may invites sickness too.

b..by..e...

No comments: