Thursday, May 13, 2010

13 May 2010 Thursday

Is it speaking Chinese really that offending between Chinese classmates from other races (whom not joining in the conversation) in class in everywhere?

---Continue---

I had finally finish the GROUP 3D animation (length 1.11mins only) which taken my nerves heat up. But, I'm able to make it on time, not really satisfied of it's final result due to lack of time and field experience.

It's presentation today. I'm with the Chinese gang group, I honestly not much fluent in speaking Malay. I don't really want to make a speech, but my members pushed me up. At that time, we communicate each other in Chinese before we ready our presentation, which my Malay lecturer has somewhat mind-twisted over me, just me.

Now that presentation is over.

Due to some unexpected problem, my group couldn't hand over the CD she requested, I made my way to speak to her. She spoke Chinese back at me in a dis-manner way --> her inner message is telling me
"don't mess with me as I know Chinese"



 I didn't really mind at first, I repeated my problem to her to make her listen, but she strikes at me again,
"我不会讲华语。。。。" ("I don't know how to speak Chinese ..... ")

She really got me pissed, I gave her a silent look, I didn't voice out because this will bring back chaos between Malay and Chinese. (Mom reminded me it's 13 May) Gladly one of the members are with me and helped me get through my Silent Mode.

That's childish act, what's so wrong to speak Chinese in-front Chinese? I guess she chooses to be listed in my Foe List.

Also, not to forget to thank one member sent me home in the traffic rain.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

what do you mean? >.<

Elernt said...

it's half complete post.

LittleWeirdMonster said...

This reminds me of 'Malaysian Studies', during the time we had 'Masalah Perpaduan'... It was when the chinese would only speak in chinese, malays were only speaking in malay, indians speaking hindus and etc.

Everyone was so sensitive among each other just because they couldn't understand what each other were saying...

I don't know but i think Miss just felt a little 'sensitive' when you speak Chinese amongst yourself... But, still, she shouldn't just be that irrational...

MimieJay said...

Oh yeah, no wonder 13 May rings a bell. I almost forgot about it..

Miss has this negative thing going on..She seems nice at times but she can be very annoying.

I sat with you for 5 months and I never felt offended in any way..you don't have to feel sorry about communicating in Chinese.

Elernt said...

Tuesday & Wednesday are the only time I can speak as much Chinese as with in college this semester. I feel like It's restricted me to some points, but I'm happy to get along with different races just like in NS. I didn't mean hanging out with other races is unfun, I enjoy too (even my Malay sucks bad).

LittleWeirdMonster: I'm gonna take Malaysian Studies next Semester.

MimieJay : Still, I apologize if I made you felt left out in the class.

Mademoiselle Karen ◕‿◕ said...

ish...where ur lecture from? Semenanjungkah? Racist! Later her anak kahwin chinese baru dia tau!

Elernt said...

oh yea, I think she's from west Malaysia.

LittleWeirdMonster said...

Elernt: From what i've heard, she's actually from here... From Beufort to be exact... I don't really know why she has that slang though...

Elernt said...

hmm... maybe her parents are originally from West Malaysia