Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Spicy Food

Seeing people suffers from eating very spicy food reminds me of a company I worked in KL.

I remembered that year came a new Korean Spicy Instant Noodle that became a popular food challenge for most Youtubers and often see them weep off tears, blowing nose and burnt red mouth after eating it.

This company I used to work in, has a toxic boss. I never felt so hesitant and pressured to celebrate my birthday if they were to organize one, and I prayed hard that I leave this company before my birth month comes.. 

On birthday celebration, office staff will gather at the meeting room, so as the birthday staff. The boss would present the entire time, and no matter how energetic I try to make the atmosphere happy for everyone in the room, didn't worked., because of this management.

All birthday month staff are "invited" to join the meeting room, some was trying to avoid showing up in this little gathering which it's nothing fun being centered clowns, but forced to because the celebration wouldn't start if one tries to absent, further delay would only make more hardship and embarrassment later in the gathering. The boss will question them for being late.

Birthday month staff were told to select an opposite gender to lead singing birthday song while others either quietly watch or join. There's another so-called "tradition" in their celebration, if there's 3 candles on the cake, 3 of the birthday staff who are selected/volunteered to take out the hot candle with their teeth, and to make the challenge harder, the boss would order anyone to press the candles deeper into the cake before the "tradition" begins or would not proceed sharing cakes. Some colleagues weren't good bond with that person would tend to do the press. The deeper they press, the more other watches and laugh things on. These kind of act

Sometimes, celebration ends with something extra and unrelated matter.. A head staff was told to present at the birthday gathering, for the purpose to be questioned for a complaint for poor work performance. He was punished to finish a bowl of very spicy Korean instant noodle in front of everyone in the meeting room, the coke I prepared was taken by the lady boss who sipped and enjoyed watching the "show". The gathering ends only when he finished his food.

In my teenage life, putting cake cream on your birthday classmates is fun and enjoying. Showering birthday friends is sometimes you can encounter in school among classmates, often happened to males especially they are close enough, I did see female get showered from classmates' water bottle. You just see through the uniforms, but not like this... It was the most awkward celebration negativities.

No comments: