It's been 4 years gap, I haven't join the Borneo International Marathon with mother. This year, I officially registered myself as 10 KM runner with my own earnings.
A day before the run, it was after breakfast with grandma and mother in town, which I have decided to start my usual routine, I start with Suria Sabah, exploring new shops and flashing back memories.
From floor to floor I went, I came across to 6th floor, which is the Borneo International Marathon campaign, t-shirt giving out to runners. I thought of if I still can make it to the run. Gladly, yes. I registered and got my t-shirt size and runner's number and other given vouchers with guide leaflet. The totally registration is RM110 for my category.
Everyone needs to prepare for the run and of course finding a parking place is absolutely necessary. Therefore, mother and I prepare our next day breakfast, cooking pasta.
1st May 2016, Sunday
It's Labour Sunday. we arrived before 5am. The truth is, we need a decent place to park our car. When car's settled, meal taken, we head to stadium. Looking up at the clear night sky, stars shined more brighter and bigger than KL. I thought I saw a shooting star? Was it? Or was it the spotlight?
My run starts at 6.00am, I met no one at the moment, but I know they are already running their track. As soon as it BANG, I feel like a child seeing things with my eyes full of excitement, well... that at least helps entertaining myself semi-consciously and the natural way of self healing, but that can't fill me in completely for through out the run.
As the time gets longer, makes me feel the road like never ending. I'm glad there's cheering group and music to boost me.
5KM passed.
I felt the bit pain on the right lower chest, so I went on fast walk mode. Fast walking gives me the bit of leisure to look around. Many school runners run so fast which can take over many of us individuals in just 15 minutes from their 6.15am starting time.
Some obese bodies cannot be underestimate too, even older men and women has much better stamina than us all. Right at that moment... she and I have our first eyes meet after a year and 7 months.., we were both surprised. there's 800-1,000 of runners here but, but I never thought she joined, I never thought I would see her... was it the shooting stars? Wait, I didn't make any wish.
10KM finished.
As soon as I received my medal, I waited her at the finishing line. I can't explain myself, She might feel disgust being around the awkward me. I hate myself..

No comments:
Post a Comment