Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Serving Customer At Front Counter

28th July 2014, Monday

A working public holiday, first day of Raya. I don't know how's that money and hour counts in KL, but I hope they pay me gold. Time is Golden - Well, It's what in my mind afterall. It pisses me to work holidays if it's against my will.

Today, I'm assigned to assist at the main counter, not enough staffs being the main reason I have to work on public holiday. It's all about servicing customers and answering calls.

A celebration day with Chocolate Indulgence from Secret Recipe and a Barrel of KFC for all colleagues. It's a busy day when we have to take turns feeding our growling stomach, and hardly a time to drink water at work,

I was glad that I wore thin clothing, I never stop sweating the whole day, and getting a headache for "racing" around serving customers. The funny thing is... why are they wearing sweater...? Something wrong with me ?


By means to service a customer here is,
Step 1 : Explaining the price, promoting special programme and other service provided here.
Step 2 : Attend with registration form and check for socks wearing.
Step 3 : Ready basket for customers' shoes
Step 4 : Ready wristband tag, marker pen and sticker name, socks purchase if required.
Step 5 : Total price and pass cash / credit card to cashier
Step 6 : Return balance and help customer wearing wristband before they enter the children playground.

First of all, serving customer is not my professional, but doesn't mean I'm professional and other things. I start out by assisting my colleagues on their customers by helping some simple step parts, before I work independently to each walk-in customers.

It seems the time is just ...crawling while numerous customers lining up outside the outlet non-stop like queuing at a popular restaurant, the time just never accelerating. I get to experience what main counter's daily work, especially on weekends.

One of the companies I'm working. You can check out

No comments: